The other day, the Governor's office called me and asked, "can you and the Texas Humor team help us write something for George Strait?" Uh duh. Of course we can.
I thought this was my chance to write a song for him. Turns out they wanted some help with a public service announcement promoting safe behavior to fight the spread of COVID-19. So no, I didn't get to write the next Ocean Front Property, but I did write something George read. It made my week. And it's part of this week's to-do list.
1. Here's George Strait reading the public service announcement we at TexasHumor wrote for him.
2. Taking shots can mean losing your balance, so we released some new "safe" shot glasses for all of y'all party animals out there.
3. We figured out how everyone can safely float the river now.
4. Somebody screwed up this Texas design on this house and the neighborhood is pissed.
5. These seniors in Fredericksburg really know what it means to be friendly and be Texan.
6. And someone put up one of the nicest signs ever on a crosswalk in Dallas.
7. Chuck Norris read the Very Hungry Caterpillar. I had a beer and listened in myself.
8. This kid threw a prom for his nanny who had hers canceled. I'm not crying. You're crying.
9. If 2020 were a food, what food do you think it would be?
10. A wind chime made out of Whataburger cups? Count me in.
That's all for this to-do list. Have an amazing weekend. Stay friendly. Stay Texan!