The Texas Connection: Vol. 1
HOWDY & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
New Year, New Me. It's that time of year again to set new goals for ourselves. Here's some of our favorite New Year's Resolutions we've seen around the web.
1. Our Personal Favorite: Eat more tacos.
2. Live my best life and only buy pants with no buttons or zippers.
3. Go outside. Among people.
4. Go on a vitamin and supplement shopping spree and finish at least one bottle before I give up.
5. Buy all leftover 2020 calendars and burn them.
6. Go viral on TikTok.
7. Never take HomeGoods trips or Texas Humor purchases for granted ever again.
8. Do so much athleticism that it actually justifies wearing athletic clothes 24/7.
9. Have eyebrows as symmetrical as a Wes Anderson movie.
10. Wake up before noon on the weekends.
11. Stop daring people to lick frozen flagpoles.
12. Fart in front of my squad with no shame.
13. Use more chapstick.
14. Shop more sales.
15. Support local restaurants/Texan companies more often.
16. Stay in the bathroom while I brush my teeth... and not drink orange juice after.
17. Remember to write 2021 instead of 2020.
18. Claim all my pets as dependents on my taxes.
19. Spend less than $2,439 at Whataburger this year.
20. Increase my Texan-ness.
In this week's news...
- Rapper 50 Cent showed up to this Houston toy drive... I'll give you my 2 cents, he was a hit.
- If Texas regularly had snow... this is how I imagine it going.
- These senior citizens in Clear Lake are gaining pen pals this COVID season. Didn't think I'd make you cry today did ya?
- If you've been wondering what California deer look like, this is the perfect post for ya.
- These Texan parents did an "empty nesters" photoshoot... need I say more?
- J.J. Watt continues to make everyone's day, especially this little boy with a wish
- If you kept up with the package thief story... you might enjoy this one, too. This woman had her package of cat poop stolen off her front porch. Gotta love it.
- Bring back the tissues. This Texas Boy Scout created a "hugging booth" for nursing homes. Brb coming back, my allergies are acting up.
- According to China, the next abroad flight you take might include flight attendants with diapers... we'll update you on how this one pans out.
- This man broke the world record for Tower of Tortillas... and we're kinda upset it wasn't us.
- You thought Texas Bass were big? Check out this 9 pound South Carolinian gold fish.
We've Saved the Best For Last
TEXAS CROSSWORD - VOL. 2
How to play: click here or on the crossword to access our blog. Play it directly on our blog or click the 3 lines in the bottom right-hand corner to print.
Catch Us Next Week...
Catch ya' in next week's recap. Until then, have a great rest of your week and an even better weekend.
Not a Member? Sign up to receive the Texas Connection every week here.