If you're reading this, it's probably because you want to win this awesome mum and the garter (pictured below) that our interns made. You might be asking yourself, "why did y'all make a mum and garter in the first place?" The answer to that is, well, we were all having some beers and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyway, what's done is done, so here's our mum. It's got chili peppers, Whataburger galore, a Armadillo, bluebonnet, and Texas flags from here to El Paso and back.
And our garter, complete with a Buc-ee and cowhide Texas cutout.
1) Take a picture of you (by yourself or with friends) doing somethin' Texan. Just please don't injure yourself.
2) Post it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #TXHSHoCo.
3) @ reply us in the post as well.
4) Make sure your profile is public or else we won't see it.
5) If you don't have Instagram, Twitter, or you just don't want to make your profile public, email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Make your submissions by this Sunday, October 11th at midnight.
We'll post the best to a gallery and then have our entire audience vote on the best. The winner of that voting contest will get picked on Wednesday of next week and we'll overnight the Mum and Garter to them immediately to wear in case their Homecoming hasn't happened yet. If it has, well, it looks like they've got a mum and garter for next year, or at the very least, a really cool wall decoration.